i’m not interested in being easy on the eyes
i want them to flinch, think twice before they reach out their callous hands to bruise.
i want to be a constant reminder to men that not everything is theirs for the taking.
Finally, a chance to put my talens to use!
Orange is the New Black
My new tattoo! Still a little red and puffy, but beautiful.
Based on this beautiful piece by Sarah Graybill (Tea Kitsune)
Wow, I didn’t expect this to get this many notes. <3 Maybe if it breaks 100 I’ll have tattoo number 12 be another of Teakitsune’s pieces I really like.
Book sculpture by Malena Valcarcel
requirements: 10 years experience in space station repair, masters degree in ancient serbian civilizations, unmatched knowledge of silkworm breeding, full understanding of teleportation mechanics and physics
10 hours per week.
keep your friends close and your lord of the rings extended editions closer
2. Because feminists struggled to free many of these jobs from their male or female only descriptions, men who are caring and brilliant nurses, inspiring teachers, enthusiastic homemakers, great day careworkers, brilliant cooks, etc. are more free than ever before to do those jobs well with the support of the community.
3. Because feminists have tirelessly fought against rape culture in all of its forms, men in prison, in the military, in every walk of life, are more free than ever to have the community recognize that rape committed against them is wrong and should be stopped.
4. Because feminists have worked to create universality around the expression of feelings and emotions, detaching them from a strict gender-bias, It’s ok for men to talk about their feelings; get counseling and support and even publically admit that they’re emotionally unwell.
5. Because Feminists have strived to defeat a culture that considers sex to be a symbol of ownership, men are now free to have consensual sex with a partner without feeling that marriage is the only acceptable outcome. They can choose to build whatever kind of relationship they and their partner wants to pursue.
6. Because feminists have tirelessly promoted the idea that a person’s body belongs to them, they can enjoy additional medical privacy rights that depend on the precedent established in Roe v. Wade.
7. As well, because feminists have struggled, against massive pressure, to maintain reproductive rights for women, they have the chance to choose, along with their partner, to not have a child if they like, to not find themselves bound as a life partner because someone got pregnant. And because feminism normalized strong women raising children on their own, they can choose to not raise a child, even if their partner wants to.
8. Because feminists have reinforced and built stronger defense laws for abused people, they can charge people with stalking, with abuse, they can take out restraining orders against THEIR OWN attackers more easily.
9. Because feminists have pursued so aggressively no fault divorce all over the country, many men can now walk away from marriages they are no longer passionate about without having to have an explicit reason or cause. It’s not necessary to manufacture infidelity or someother reason.
10. Because feminists throughout history considered clean air, the rights of children, disabled rights, race issues, LGBT issues, quality childcare, the eradication of war, financial inequality, minimizing corruption in government, and domestic violence against ANYONE to be stepping stones to equality and justice, men who are interested or concerned with those issues have gained allies and hundreds of thousands of activist hours from their feminist supporters.
(written by Jim Marcus of the awesome, awesome band Go Fight, which everyone should go check out: http://www.gofight.net )
Photoset reblogged from with 1,639,851 notes
“this leaves men confused and unable to pigeonhole you. What they are forced to do instead is… take you seriously.”
Where I find my research on the species of what they call….
"the modern woman".
Being a woman is kind of like being a cyclist in a city where all the cars represent men. You’re supposed to be able to share the road equally with cars, but that’s not how it works. The roads are built for cars and you spend a great deal of physical and mental energy being defensive and trying not to get hurt. Some of the cars WANT you to get hurt. They think you don’t have any place on the road at all. And if you do get hurt by a car, everyone makes excuses that it’s your fault.
Page 1 of 219